Thursday, March 7, 2019

March Sketch Challenge- Alison's Take

Hello! Alison here. Today I am sharing a card that I created for the White Rose Crafts March Sketch Challenge. I recently received the Gina K Sweet Expressions Foil Mates, and I thought that they would be just perfect for the sketch. That was my jumping off point.
I had some blue foil in my stash that I used for the sentiment, and I love just how much foil there is on the image. It is so shiny that it's hard to photograph without a reflection!
I decided to use a background that I made with photo paper and Distress Oxide Inks. If you caught my FB Live in the White Rose Crafts Gallery Group, then you would have seen me make a few examples. You can catch the replay if you weren't able to see it live. I love the watery effect the Distress Oxides have on photo paper. They always looks so dreamy.
For my banner, I used a piece from the Kaisercraft Bombay Sunset 6" x 6" paper pad. It worked really well with my background, and I used it to help me choose the color for my card base, which is a deep teal. I added a few sequins from the "Aquamarine" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground.
I hope you'll play along with this month's White Rose Crafts Sketch Challenge. You can add your take on the sketch in the White Rose Crafts Gallery Group on Facebook. That's it for me today. I'll be back with another project very soon. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!