Thursday, April 25, 2019

Embossing with Creative Medium

Hello! Alison here. Ever since I was an Artist in Residence with Imagine, I really enjoyed working with Creative Medium. It's thick, smooth, easy to work with, dries quickly, and comes in some really fantastic colors. To this day I love using this paste, and I am always happy with the results. I bring this up because this week, the White Rose Crafts team is sharing projects that have embossing. Embossing comes in many forms, heat, dry, wet....so you are sure to see a myriad of projects. But I chose to focus on "wet," so with Purple Iridescent Creative Medium as my embossing paste.
White Rose Crafts recently got in some fabulous new stencils from Kaisercraft. Big, 12" x 12" stencils that have 4 different designs on it. I actually plan on cutting mine down into 4 smaller stencils, so that they are easier to manage. The stencil I used is called Grunge, and it is right up my alley. I taped the stencil down to a Distress Oxide background I made a month ago, and applied the paste with a palette knife in a messy, inconsistent way. I didn't want that stenciling to look perfect, especially since my Distress Oxide background was so "messy."
The dried Creative Medium maintains a lovely milky finish, but with flashes of iridescence, depending on the color you choose. I love seeing the purple flash here and there on this card. I dried the paste with my heat gun to speed up the process, and because it causes the Creative Medium to bubble and pop, creating a fantastic texture. To top off the card, I added one of the Greenhouse Die Cuts from Kaisercraft, plus a sentiment from the Greenhouse Paper Pad.
For some additional sparkle, I added a few sequins from the Springtime Sparkle Blend. The colors in that Blend worked perfectly with the colors on the rest of the card. I adhered them with On Point Glue from Imagine. I love that this card may look like it took a lot of time, but it didn't. I didn't need to color, or fussy cut anything, and since my background was made previously, that made the whole process quicker too. What kinds of things do you do to help your creative process move a little faster? Please be sure to check out the rest of the WRC Team to see what kind of embossing they're doing this week. And then head over to the White Rose Crafts LLC shop to see what's new in store. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!