Thursday, May 9, 2019

St. Thomas Layout

Hello! Alison here. I've got a new scrapbook page to share with you for my latest Design Team project for White Rose Crafts. Each month, we feature a specific company for about a week, and this time, it's Kaisercraft. I have loved Kaisercraft for a very long time. In fact, back when I owned my scrapbooking store, they was a company I ordered from frequently. This layout today uses a bunch of their newest products.
 This photo is of my husband, about 3 years ago when we went on a cruise. This photo was taken in St. Thomas. I love the colors and textures in the photo, and I knew I wanted to create more layers, textures and add in similar colors to my layout.
I first used Kaisercraft's Greenhouse paper pad as a jumping off point. That gave me some ideas on what to do with colors and other elements. I have the Greenhouse Clear Stamp Set and I used the terrarium image with Rose Gold embossing powder to create a geometric design in the lower right corner. I love how it turned out.
I knew I needed some color. Stains or drips of color. So I broke out my Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen, and Iced Spruce. I added the color in a few ways, but mostly by dipping the layout into watered down inks that I put on my glass mat. I got some really great drips that I think help your eye move around the page. Those 3 Oxides work beautifully with the Greenhouse collection.
I needed some shine, and to break up that upper left corner. So I used Kaisercraft's Grunge Stencil along with some Nuvo Expanding Mousse in Worn Linen. I did not heat set it to make it expand. I wanted the crosses to remain thin and delicate.
I also added an element from the Greenhouse Collectibles Die Cuts. That "postage stamp" really adds to the idea that this photo was taken someplace other than where we reside. I popped it on to some dark blue cardstock, which I dripped some Rose Gold Metallic Mixatives (from Ranger). Talk about shine! It looks amazing in real life. I love how this scrapbook page turned out. It's filled with items of interest, has just enough color, and of course, the photo is the star of the show. Kaisercraft is definitely a favorite company of mine, and I always enjoy working with their products. You can get many items from them over at White Rose Crafts LLC. I'll be back soon with another project. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!