Wednesday, July 24, 2019

You're Fin-tastic! with Guest Designer Adam


Hello Fellow Card Makers,
Adam here, sharing a fun card using the White Rose Crafts challenge theme of “water”. I find working with a challenge theme is fun and causes me to push myself to come up with new ideas.
All my supplies can be found on the White Rose Crafts site.

Supplies: Lawn Fawn – Manatee-rific Stamp Set
                Your Next Stamp – Fishy Fun
                Tim Holtz Oxides – Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean
                Masking tape/paper
                Nuvo Crystal Drops – Silver Moon Dust
                Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder- White


Starting with a layer one piece of white cardstock, I blended the three Oxide inks in a masked oval. I then flicked water drops onto the blended ink creating water texture.

I then stamped the manatees and sea vegetation in Memento black ink from the Lawn Fawn Manatee-rific stamp set. All of these pieces were cut out and colored using ink markers.

I cut a banner from a piece of blue cardstock to match the card base. I scored the banner to allow for folding the banner and give it dimension. I embossed the sentiment from the or folding the banner and give it dimension. I embossed the sentiment from the Your Next Stamp set – Fishy Fun in Ranger Super Fine Embossing powder – white. I then folded the ends to form the banner and attached it to the card layer below the blended oval.
I attached the manatees to the edges of the oval and the sea plants and sand to the center bottom of the oval. The final step was to add Nuvo crystal drops in silver moon dust to the water to create bubble like spots.

I hope you are happily creating water themed cards along with us at White Rose Crafts. I want to thank White Rose Crafts for allowing me to share my creations with you on their site. I have enjoyed being a guest designer these past two months. I hope you have enjoyed my cards. You can see more of my creations at Instagram.com/ARK513

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!