Friday, December 11, 2020

Make a Wish

Greetings! Alison here. Today I am sharing a new project for the White Rose Crafts Shop using a number of products they carry. I have mentioned before that AALL & Create has become one of my all-time favorite stamp companies, so I decided to make a card using some of their items. 

I am absolutely crazy about the 3 large light bulbs that are in the Steampunk Alchemist (#387) set. I have used them several times already, and I know that they will continue to be played with often. I really love coming up with different ways to color them. For this card, I went through my monoprints and found a roll-off print (simply a print that was made with the excess paint that was on my brayer) that had a nice range of colors and an area that looked like it was lit up. I trimmed it down to 4" x 5 1/4" and stenciled it with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and AALL & Create's Heapza Hexagonz (#112) stencil. On top of that, I stamped 2 of them smaller stamps that are in the Steampunk Alchemist stamp set around the edges in Onyx Black VersaFine Ink.

For the light bulb, I stamped it on to a piece of watercolor paper with VersaMark Ink and embossed it with a detail black powder. Then I sprinkled on a bit of lavender and turquoise Brusho crystals from Colourcraft, and spritzed them with water. These crystals activate with water and explode with color, so a little goes quite a long way. I helped move the color and dry the area a bit with my heat tool, being careful to not re-melt the embossing powder. When it was dry, I tore the edges and inked them with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink. I also inked my card base with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink, to make that turquoise Brusho pop. Last, I added the tine "Make a Wish" sentiment from the AALL & Create Poppies (#207) stamp set.

This is a great card for many occasions, in my opinion, and it's great for a masculine card. I love combining monoprints with stamps and stencils, though you could easily substitute the monoprint for patterned paper. White Rose Crafts has lots to choose from! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!