Saturday, December 8, 2018

New Ideas with Nuvo

Nuvo week
Hey Friends, it is EK from ekgorman designs and I am here to share the start of a new Theme week here at White Rose Crafts.  This week we are playing around with Nuvo drop, and trying to come up with New Ideas with Nuvo!  What does that mean?  Well in short we are trying to come up with uses for Nuvo drops beyond just the classic drop.

I created three cards playing around with the different nuvo techniques and created a little pictorial tutorial on how I created them.

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. r
Card Bases:  I pulled out three A2 card frames and added some Wild Rose Studio printed paper to them to create a festive holiday background.  I used papers from the Festive Florals paper pack, Frosted Lace paper pack, and Holly Lane paper pack.

After the card frames were created, I started my experiments with the Nuvo drops. 

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. i

Background 1: The first experiment I tried was to create a swipe of nuvo to blend them together.  I started with high quality mix media paper and drew a pattern of nuvo lines to create a block.  I used Autumn RedIvory SeashellAuburn Pearl, and Strawberry Coulis Nuvo drops.





Using a palette knife, I spread the lines of Nuvo, using for different swipes.  I set aside the paper to dry.

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. m

Background 2:  Using the left over Nuvo on the knife, I whipped off the excess onto a black piece of mixed media paper.  I set it aside to dry.

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. p

Background 3:  The next experiment with nuvo started with a stencil from Couture Creations and laid it off center onto a piece of high quality mix-media paper.

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. q

Then using a baby wipe, I rubbed Autumn RedAuburn Pearl, and Strawberry Coulis Nuvo through the stencil.

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. n

Focal Images:  For the focal images, I stamped out some presents onto some cardstock using Julie Nutting's Merry stamp set.  

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. o

Instead of coloring the images in with traditional coloring mediums, I used nuvo to fill in the color.  I used in combination Wedgewood Blue and , White Blizzard Pink Champagne and Dark Walnut, and Autumn Red  and Auburn Pearl.  Once color was used to fill the wrapping paper and the other to fill the bow.  Once it was dry, I fussy cut out the gifts and what was left was sweet little textured present.


EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. s

Assembly:  I added the stenciled background to the card frame with the holly leaves.  To that I added the pink and walnut gift using Woodware Mounting Pads to pop it off the card.

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. t

I used the excess nuvo rub off with the snowflake paper and the blue and glittery gift.

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. u

The Nuvo swipes was trimmed with scissors and adhered to the polka dot paper along with the red and gold gift.


My Projects were finished off with a sentiment stamp from the Julie Nutting Merry stamp set and some StazOn Black Ink.  I hope you enjoyed my New ideas with Nuvo projects today.  Make sure you share your Nuvo Ideas with the design team over at WRC Facebook Gallery.

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. h

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. d

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. a

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. b

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. f

EK Gorman, WHite Rose Crafts. g

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!