Saturday, June 15, 2019

Guest Designing with Adam

Hello everyone,

My name is Adam and I am very excited to be a guest designer for White Rose Crafts
for the months of June and July. I have been designing and working with other crafters
and designers for eight years. I find the more I create the more fun it becomes. Practice
makes perfect and I am trying to become the best crafter I can be. I am sharing my first
project for White Rose Crafts using the June sketch challenge. Below is the sketch we
will be using for layout and form.



I like to start by giving you all a list of supplies used to create my card:
-Tim Holtz distressed oxides: Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass
-Copic Markers or any coloring medium you prefer
-My Favorite Things: 6x6 paper- Tribal Prints
-Lawn Fawn Stamp Set – You Are Sublime
-Colored card stock in coordinating solids
-Ranger Embossing Powder- super fine white
-White card base
-Doodles Paper Playground Sequins Blend



Step 1: Cut all the layers of card stock to fit an A2 card base.
Tribal Prints printed paper 4 ¼ x 5 ½ in
White cardstock layers one each: 3 x 2 in, 1 ¾ x 1 ¾ in, 1 x 1 ¾ in
Navy cardstock layers one each: 3 ¼ x 2 ¼ in, 2 x 2 in, 1 ¼ x 2 in, 3 ¼ x 1 in
Medium blue cardstock layers one each: ¼ x 5 ½ in, 3 x ¾ in
Light blue cardstock layer: ½ x 5 ½ in

Step 2: Using Tim Holtz Distress Oxides blend the 3 white panels in a manner that
creates one cohesive background image. Colors used are top to bottom: Tumbled Glass, Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean. (Designer tip- this should create water depth to
the card.) Use masking tape to create the light rays in the water.

Step 3: Emboss the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn stamp set You Are Sublime in
Ranger embossing powder Super Fine White.

Step 4: Stamp, die cut and color the images used to create underwater scene. All
images were colored using Copic markers but any coloring medium you chose will be
great.

Step 5: Assemble your card using tape and glue pen. I placed the stamped images to
give the appearance of an underwater scene. After looking at the finished card I soon
realized I wanted to add a few sequins from a https://whiterosecraftsllc.com/t/limited-edition-sequin-mixes to add movement to the card. Not being one to stop there I decided to add ink
splatter to the light blue panel with coordinating blue ink (Tim Holtz Distress Oxide-
Salty Ocean.)

I have had a lot of fun creating with this month’s sketch challenge and look forward to
doing it again next month. I hope you have fun creating this project and think I met the
challenge.  Note all of these products are available at White Rose Crafts.

1 comment:

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!