Thursday, June 13, 2019

Masculine Card with ScrapBerry

Hello! This week, the White Rose Crafts Team is sharing projects made with products from ScrapBerry. ScrapBerry has a lot of lovely, feminine items, but I decided to go with a more masculine vibe for my card today. Though to be perfectly honest, I know a lot of ladies that would love this card and style, including my mom.
I started off by choosing one of the papers from the Edge of Town paper pack. This particular paper has subtle circuitry and gears on it. I thought it paired perfectly with the gears stencil from Kaisercraft's Grunge stencil set. For the stencil,  I applied Nuvo Expanding Mousse in Worn Linen with a palette knife. I heated the Mousse to give it some texture.
Next, I applied some of ScrapBerry's Stains ink in Blue to my media mat, spritzed it with some water, and splattered it on to my background with a brush. After it dried completely, I inked up a stamp from Kaisercraft's Greenhouse stamp set with the Stains ink in Black, I needed to let the Blue ink dry first since this ink is so reactive with water, and I didn't want to ruin my sentiment.
I wrapped the background with some twine that I had in my stash. I took my cream colored card base and applied the same splatter technique to it, but with the Black Stains ink. Then I mounted my background on to it.
I love the texture and the aged look of this card. It cold be used for a variety of occasions too, which I like. The Edge of Town paper pack has some really wonderful papers, and I look forward to using them in other projects soon. Be sure to head over to the White Rose Crafts shop to see all of the ScrapBerry items that are available. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!