Tuesday, June 18, 2019

You make me Happy- a card by Guest Designer Adam


Hi All,
Adam here with another super fun card made with a Your Next Stamp – Humming By stamp set.  All my supplies are readily available at White Rose Crafts.  They are promoting summer themed cards for the month of June. I chose to create with a hummingbird and sunflower because I know summer is upon us when I see my first hummingbird.
I like to start by letting you all know what supplies are needed to create the card I am working on today.  They are:
     Masking tape/sheets/post-it notes
     Tim Holtz Oxide ink – background colors of choice (Squeezed LemonadeSpiced      
     Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon)
     Black ink for image stamping such as Memento Dye Ink in Tuxedo Black
     Copic Markers/coloring medium of your choice in colors of your choice
     White, green and black cardstock
     Glue and Double sided tape
     Sequins – Doodles Paper Playground Limited   

First, I stamp images to be colored on white card stock. I cut out the images and color them using Copic Markers.

The next step is masking the layer one (4” x 5 ¼”) white card stock in preparation for ink blending.  I like to use the upper 2/3rds of my design space on the card because this follows the rule of thirds. With this in mind I taped off two thin stripes and a larger strip.
Using three colors of Tim Holtz oxide that felt like summertime to me, I blended light to dark onto the card.  (Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced MarmaladeRipe Persimmon)
Now it is time for the assembling of the card.  I used double sided tape to adhere the sunflower and foam tape to pop the hummingbird to the blended area.  Using black ink I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set under the blended area. Added a few Doodles Paper Playground Limited   sequins and thought I was finished only to decide it needed a grounding effect for the sunflower. I decided to add a thin strip of black cardstock at the bottom of the blended area. I glued the card layer to a green card base to complete the project

Hope everyone enjoyed this clean and simple summer project. Make sure you check out White Rose Crafts when looking for creative crafting supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!