Wednesday, July 10, 2019

A Hoppy Birthday with Guest Designer Adam


Hi Crafting Friends,
Loving this month’s theme of water, I personally enjoy creating with water creatures and scenes. This card is made using several companies’ products which are all available on the White Rose Craft website.
Supplies:  Tim Holtz Distress Oxides: Tumbled Glass, Evergreen Bough, Mermaid Lagoon 
                 Lawn Fawn: Toadally Awesome Stamp Set
                 Watercolor Paper
                 Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
                 Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle (sequins)

I started this card by preparing all the components of the card. I cut a layer one in white cardstock (4 x 5 ¼ in) and die cut a stitched circle opening in it. I stamped the sentiment in black ink on this piece. I cut a piece of watercolor paper to create the water background to fill the circle opening. On this paper I used the “smooshing technique”.  This was done by putting the three shades of blue oxide ink onto my silicon mat and sprayed the ink with water. One at a time I “smooshed” the ink onto the watercolor paper making sure it was dry before adding the next color. I used a heat/drying gun to dry ink between colors. 

Now I stamped the Lawn Fawn pieces and cut them out. I then colored the pieces using ink markers. (You can use any coloring medium that you are comfortable using.)

The final step is to assemble the card. The water background was attached to the layer one and using foam tape it was then adhered to the card base. Next the frogs and plants are placed in an arrangement that is pleasing to the eye. (Some pieces fall within the circle and others are on the edge and outside of the circle.) The final step is to add a few sequins to the card front.
You can get all the supplies for this card and many more projects at White Rose Crafts. I am always inspired when I look at all the stamp sets, inks and embellishments available on their website.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!