Saturday, January 13, 2018

Featured Guest Designer: Sharon White-Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends "Love Potion"

Featured Guest Designer:
Sharon White
Copycat Cards & Creations

Featuring Doodles Paper Playground:

Sparkle Blends "Love Potion"



I am in love with LOVE POTION!  


I have to say up front that I'm fairly new to using sequins on my cards, and have never made a shaker card before!  I didn't know how varied and beautiful the mixes can be!!  Wow!!!  I'm hooked!  My eyes were caught by the lovely blend of reds/pinks/purples and all the shimmery luscious bits in "Love Potion"!  There are large heart sequins, smaller gold hearts with an open center and of course, lots of little hearts in addition to the iridescent sequins and seed beads.  My favorite are the iridescent-pink petal shaped sequins which are like little cups!  I went a little crazy creating my card with this delectable mix!

For this pretty, feminine embellished heart shaker card, I used Simon Says Stamp sentiment paired with Spellbinders Vines of Passion dies and several different colors of Distress Ink.


On a piece of watercolor paper, I smudged distress inks & spritz them with water to move the color around. I let it dry and then smudged the edges with Picked Raspberry. I tapped some Seedless Preserves ink onto my craft mat and spritzed it again with a tiny bit of water and tapped my Love stamp in the watered ink before pressing onto my background. I then used a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rectangle die to cut my panel.

I used the Vines of Passion dies from Spellbinders to cut out a fun foam heart, a matching acetate heart and the pretty flourish heart from vellum. I adhered the acetate heart to the foam heart, then top with the vellum heart. To embellish the edges of the heart, I applied about an inch of Glossy Accents to the vellum edges and adhered an assortment of "Love Potion" Sparkle Blends sequins and embellishments. I continued in sections until the outer edge of vellum heart was filled with sparkly fun & then set it aside to dry.


  
While I waited for my glossy accents to set, I adhered the completed  watercolored background to the center of an A2 size card base made from Neenah Exact Inex cardstock, leaving a wide white border.

I placed a generous amount of "Love Potion" Sparkle Blends embellishment mix into the center of my completed background piece. Once the glossy accents had set enough, I adhered the layered hearts on top, being sure to seal the sides so none of the Sparkle Blends could escape. For my final touch, I stamped a Simon Says Stamp sentiment from my stash using Seedless Preserves ink to the center of my panel, below the shaker heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Product Links available at White Rose Crafts:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Help us give Sharon White a HUGE Thank You for agreeing to be a Guest Designer and creating such a beautiful project for White Rose Crafts and doing a promotional feature blog post for Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends! Please follow her on Facebook, FlickrPinterest & Instagram

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by! Until next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!