Monday, January 15, 2018

Guest Designer Series: Sharon White-Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends "But First, Coffee"

Featured Guest Designer:
Sharon White
Copycat Cards & Creations

Featuring Doodles Paper Playground:

Sparkle Blends "But First, Coffee"

As a coffee lover, the name of this sequins mix really appealed to me!  ALWAYS, FIRST coffee! This is a lovely mix of tans, browns, golds & copper with a surprising iridescent aqua sequin that is a nice little addition! I chose to use aqua in my card and hoped to draw the eye to that beautiful aqua sequin!  The colors in this set will enhance a variety of cards, and I can't wait to create an autumn card using them!  


I used the Darkroom Door "What's Brewing" stamp set & a coffee background stamp from my stash to create a simple shaker card that is a blend of earthy neutrals with a pop of beautiful, bright aqua.





I began with an A2 base of Neenah Exact Index 110# cardstock. Using Stampin' Up Crumb Cake ink, I stamped the coffee background stamp down the left side and then stamped the Coffee Beans from the What's Brewing stamp set. Then, on a scrap piece of white cardstock, I stamped out the coffee cups from the same cup, using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then colored them in with my Spectrum Noir markers. I then sealed the color on the coffee cups with a glaze of Glossy Accents, and set them aside to dry.

While the Glossy Accents dried, I used a Gina Marie Designs stitched rectangle die to cut out a frame of white fun foam and another of dark brown cardstock. I then cut a panel of acetate to fit the rectangle frame and stamped my sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I allowed plenty of time for the sentiment to dry before adhering the three layers together. 



Next, I placed a generous amount of Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends "But First, Coffee" sequin embellishment mix onto the center of my stamped background and adhered the layered frame on top, making sure to seal the edges so that none of the beautiful sparkly bits could escape, leaving a small border of the background panel showing. Finally, I adhered the coffee cups in my desired arrangement on top of the frame to complete the design. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Product Links Available at White Rose Crafts:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Help us give Sharon White a HUGE Thank You for agreeing to be a Guest Designer and creating such a beautiful project for White Rose Crafts and doing a promotional feature blog post for Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends! Please follow her on FacebookFlickrPinterest & Instagram

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!