Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Featured Design Team Series: Lemoncraft Scripty Eclipse Card by Amber MacMurtry

Lemoncraft Scripty Eclipse Card
By Amber MacMurtry


Its a new White Rose Crafts Inspiration week & the Design Team is focusing on Die Cutting techniques, decoupage and die cuts this week. One of the popular new techniques that's taken the card making world by storm is Eclipse cards. I love their subtle, elegant look, and decided this was the perfect week to give it a try! 



I selected this delicate, scripty Enjoy the Little Things sentiment die by Couture Creations and one of the pretty 4x6 ephemera cards from the Lemoncraft Daydream collection and die cut the sentiment from the center of the image, making sure to save all of the little pieces.



Next I cut 4 more sentiments from black cardstock & stacked them using glue to adhere them together, and then adhered my patterend sentiment as the top layer. I used a roll of pink glitter washi from my stash to create two vertical borders on either side of a top folding A2 white card base. I then trimmed 1/8 inch off either side of the die cut ephemera card, so more of the sparkly border would show, and I adhered the panel to the card base using double sided tape. Then I fit the layered up sentiment into the die cut opening, using wet glue to adhere. I added the little interior bits into the letter openings.



I scattered around some pink and blue rhinestones to embellish, and added a generous coat of clear Wink of Stella on top of the sentiment as a final touch of sparkle and to help the sentiment pop a little bit more. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed my card today, and that I've inspired you a little bit to try a new die cut technique for yourself!

Remember, you can save 15% on all cutting dies in the store through 6/29/18! Use Code: KINDESTCUT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!