Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Autumn Elegance using our October Card Kit - By Kay Barnes

Putting together the October Subscription Kit was just too much temptation for me! The colors are so gloriously rich and the goodies are so inspiring... I just HAD to play!

I made a card blank using Aspire Petallics Copper Ore cardstock - one sheet is included in the kit, but extras are available in store, too, and Petallics come in lots of other lovely colors besides - all with the same amazing luster.

I chose two sheets of the BoBunny "Dreams of Autumn" papers from the kit, and cut them to create a curve across the middle of my card and inked the edges with the ScrapBerry Brown Pigment Ink pad (also from the kit). I adhered the papers to the card using Tombow Professional Glue Stick - my absolute best-ever go-to adhesive - I love it! 



I left a gap between the two papers which I decorated with a gold-colored Dazzle border from my stash. 

Next I cut a fancy oval from the Petallics Copper Ore, using an old Spellbinders die from my stash , and adhered it to the card using our $1-a-roll unbranded double-sided tape.

After that, I trimmed down three of the feathers from the kit to form a "posy" of feathers, tied with a raffia bow made with raffia from the kit. and adhered to the top of the oval. 

This simple and fast card was finished off with the Autumn Red Nuvo Drops and the Doodles Paper Playground "Harvest Joy" sparkle blend which was created EXCLUSIVELY for this kit - it's not available for sale anywhere else! I haven't added a sentiment yet - I'll wait until I decide who I'm going to send it to, and for what occasion. Or... I may just send it as it is, as a "just because" card...

There is SO much in this kit... I have about another 20 cards planned in my head, ready for next time I'm allowed time off from packing orders and get to play!
- Kay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can purchase our limited edition, October "Glory of Autumn" card kit, while supplies last, Here.

October "Glory of Autumn" Card Kit Contents

OR... to save money and guarantee that you're first in line for every new kit that comes out, by Subscribing for 3 months at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!