Thursday, March 14, 2019

Margarita Shaker

Hello! Alison here. This week, the White Rose Crafts Design Team is sharing projects that feature Jillibean Soup products. They have such fun items like sweet stamps, coordinating dies, and shaker windows. My card today is a shaker, but it doesn't use their pre-made windows.
 I use Jillibean Soup's Lemonade stamps and coordinating dies, which by the way, have an amazing price point! On a piece of white cardstock, I stamped out a ton of the fruit slices and wedges in assorted citrus colors of Memento and VersaMagic inks from Imagine. I thought that doing a whole bunch at once would save me time in the future when I use the rest of the pieces. For this card, I used only a couple of lemons and an orange. I inked the lid up with 2 London Fog and Gray Flannel Memento, to make it look more interesting than using one, flat color. I also stamped the straw, but I used Scrapberry's Stains Ink in Blue . The straw doesn't have a die, so I fussy cut it.
I didn't need to use the jar stamp itself, just the die to begin my shaker. I wanted it to look as though the straw was actually inside the mason jar, so I cut it apart and put part of it under the shaker window, and some of it above the lid. I filled the shaker with my lemon and orange wedges, as well as the "Citrus Twist" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. Then I backed the shaker with light blue cardstock. I thought this helped to add to the "glassy" look.
I stamped my sentiments in Gray Flannel Memento Ink, and I added just a few additional sequins to the top of the card. I put the shaker panel on to a gray card base and considered it done. I think it's adorable and fun, I really do love how the straw looks inside and out of the jar. And who could resist using this perfect Sparkle Blend. I am crazy about all of the teeny tiny fruits!
Be sure to head over to White Rose Crafts LLC to check out the rest of the products from Jillibean Soup. They are all adorable and versatile. I will definitely be using this stamp and die set a lot. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

1 comment:

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!