Thursday, March 28, 2019

Same Card, 2 Color Palettes

Hello and welcome back! Today I am sharing 2 cards that have the same composition, but in totally different color palettes. I have been having a great time playing with the Simply Celebrate stamp set from Lawn Fawn and I thought it would be fun to play with different color combinations.
When making cards that have the same layout, it's really helpful to use a stamp positioning tool. This way, you can recreate the projects quickly and easily, while taking out a lot of the guesswork.
The first version I created used cool tones, which I tend to gravitate towards, so these colors came easily to me. I colored both of the card's stamped images with Zig Clean Color Markers. Coloring those balloons was a lot of fun! For the inked stripes at the bottom of this card, I used ScrapBerry's BlueGreen, and Pink Stains Ink. My base is a deep orchid purple.
No extra embellishments used here, as I thought the card made enough of a statement without the extra "stuff."
For this card, I used citrus colors. I don't use these colors as often as I use cool tones, and it is so nice to step out of my normal style. The stripes on this card used Abandoned CoralMowed Lawn, and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Inks. I also used Barn Door around the edges of my card base.
I think this card design is perfect for birthday party invitations, especially since the stamping and coloring doesn't take long at all. Playing with different color palettes on a simple card is always fun too! Head on over to White Rose Crafts LLC to check out all of the supplies i used for today's card, and some of the newest products that have just arrived. That's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!