Thursday, May 30, 2019

You are my Person

Hello! Alison here. I've got a new project for White Rose Crafts today. If you visited my blog yesterday, you may realize that this card uses the exact same color palette as yesterday's card, but the design is very different. I love these colors together, and I have been super inspired by Therm O Web's Rainbow Shattered Glass Deco Foil, so this card was inspired by that.
I started off with the Gina K Designs Sweet Expressions Foil Mates. These are black toner-printed sentiments that you run through a hot laminator with the Deco Foil of your choosing. It's a very quick process with very impactful results.
Here you can really see the vibrant colors of the foil. I matted the sentiment with some deep purple cardstock. For my background, I used the Argyle Embossing Folder from Darice, but with a letterpress feel. I inked one side of the folder with Broken ChinaWilted VioletWorn Lipstick, and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide before I ran it through my die cut machine. I was careful to not have any gaps between colors, but to also not contaminate any of my ink pads with the color next to it. If that happens, you can quickly wipe off the pad with a paper towel or cloth to keep the "wrong" color from seeping into the pad. I spritzed my cardstock with a little water because it's a heavy 110 lbs, and that keeps it from cracking in the folder. This also helped to blend the colors a little while it passed though my die cut machine.
I mounted the panel on to a white top folding card and added a few assorted sequins from various Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground that were adhered with On Point Glue. The photo below is a little blown out so that you could really see the amazing colors from the Deco Foil. It's even more amazing in person.
I love using embossing folders for backgrounds, and Foil Mates make for quick work of finishing off cards. If you eliminate the time you need to heat up your laminator, you could probably complete this card in well under 15 minutes. That's a win in my book! Please be sure to visit White Rose Crafts to check out many of the products I used today. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!