Thursday, March 4, 2021

Stamperia Scrapbook Page

 Hello! Alison Heikkila here. I am really stoked to share today's project for a few reasons. First, I made a scrapbook page. I haven't had time to scrapbook at all lately, and I really miss doing it. Second, I got to play with some fabulous stencils, paste, and paint. Third, I got to relive the memory of the night I took this photo, and that's what scrapbooking is all about, right? The focal products that I used are available at White Rose Crafts.

My inspiration came from Stamperia's Cosmos paper pad. I really love the colors, the celestial theme, the animals, and the distressing in this pad. I had this fantastic picture I took of my mom and I when I surprised her with tickets to see Korn and Alice in Chains in concert back in 2019. We had seen Korn many times (and they always put on an amazing show), but we had never seen Alice in Chains, which has been one of her favorite bands for a very long time. This picture perfectly embodies our silliness, and just how excited we were to be at the show.

To create the page, I started with a sheet of tawny brown cardstock and started building layers, keeping that sheet of Stamperia paper in the forefront of the design. I added some fluid acrylics from Golden and DecoArt Media using some brushes and my fingers. For texture, and I wanted a lot of texture, I used Stamperia's Pasta Scultura (Sculpture Paste) with the Cogs & Gears stencil, and the Indigenous Stripes stencil. The Pasta Scultura can be painted before or after it's been applied, and I did a combination of both on this page.

I added a few of the Cosmos Die Cuts from Stamperia here and there for some other fun elements that not only work with the page, but are very much images that my mom and I like. You can see in the photo above and the photo below that I also added some of Stamperia's Granelli Di Luna (or Moon Grains) for some additional points of interest.

I really love all of the textures here. The Stamperia paper looks textured too, although it's perfectly smooth.

After much decopaging, finger painting, and ink splattering, the page was done. It felt really good to make a page like this again. This concert was one of my favorite things about 2019, and to have the memory on a completed page that very much represents the styles of both my mom and myself, makes me very happy. I'm considering doing a process video on making scrapbook pages like this. Is that something you would be interested in seeing? I hope you'll visit White Rose Crafts because they have so many cool products.  And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!