Thursday, April 8, 2021

Swim

Hello! Alison Heikkila here. I have a new project for White Rose Crafts today, which uses a Gel Press print that I made during a FB Live (check it out HERE), plus Distress Oxide Inks and some AALL & Create items. I love making mixed media cards, and I am really happy with how it turned out.

I really wanted to use the seahorse from AALL & Create's Sea Life stamp set, which I also used in a post last week. You can check that out HERE. I pulled out a bunch of my monoprints and chose a 3" x 5" print that I thought worked well with the sea horse. It was made with acrylic paint from Golden and Deco Art Media, and has the Lotza Trianglez stencil and a brick stencil from Studio Light. The one I used is sold out now, but this one HERE is still available.

I decided that I would stamp the seahorse image twice. Once directly on the card, and once on another piece of cardstock so that I could cut it out and pop it up with foam. I stamped it both times with Twilight VersaFine Clair ink and clear heat embossed the one I cut out. I also inked that one with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.

I wanted to integrate the print into the card base a bit better, so I added some Twisted Citron Distress Oxide to my work surface, spritzed it with water, and smooshed it on to my card (I had not yet added the popped up seahorse yet). I dried it with my heat tool and then I did the same thing again, but with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide. These colors really pulled out the green from the monoprint nicely and tied everything together. I wanted a bit more texture, so I added Sea Breeze Jewel Drops by Nuvo, which is my favorite of all the Drops. I added droplets on various parts of the card as well as on my die cut sentiment. This color really looks like water to me.

When I have a gel printing session, I accumulate a lot of prints quickly, so I really try to use them on different projects so that I don't have too many to sift through. Using them on cards is a great way to get through the stack, especially if you have stamps that have a grungy or collage-like look to them. White Rose Crafts has lots of wonderful products that lend themselves perfectly to this style. And if it's not really your thing? They have plenty of other products that you're sure to love. And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!