Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Sneak Peek of My Mini Album Using the May Kit

Happy Tuesday, friends!

It's Nancy back with a new project share.

Today I'm sharing the beginnings of a project
using a new kit that is soon to be released in the shop. 

 These kits are always fabulous and sell out very fast.

I was inspired to make a mini album with the kit.
I will introduce you to the kit, and show you how I start a project like this.
Then next week I will share Part 1 of my finished mini album.

Here is an overview of the entire kit:

So. Much. Fun.

The first thing I needed to do was decide on my album base. 
 I'm still in the midst of unpacking my craft stash.
When I came across these file folders I knew just what I would do.

I cut them down like this:


I then layered, folded, and glued them into this:


From this top view you can see several folds and flaps.
They always make for a great interactive album.


Next, I went through the gorgeous papers and cut them out.
I decided how I would pair the pages and stacked them up.
I also chose some of the pretty butterflies that would need to be fussy cut.


From the leftover file folders, I cut multiple tags in several sizes,
as well as a couple of belly bands.
I then used the lovely stamp set, along with ink from my stash,
to stamp images onto file folder scraps.

I cut one of the doilies in half and adhered each half onto more of the file folder.
I then trimmed around the doily half.
These will be tuck spots in my album.

Finally, I made two small envelopes out of the mulberry paper pieces.
 I tucked a piece of pink cardstock into the cream coloured envelope,
and a piece of file folder into the pink envelope.

Come back next week to see how it all came together!

Also, keep your eye on the shop.
This kit will be available for pre-sale starting April 25th.

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!