Friday, June 22, 2018

Featured Design Team Series: Heffy Planner & Glow Shaker Card by Laura Wolff

Heffy Planner & Glow Shaker Card
by Laura Wolff

Hello, Laura here & I'm taking over the White Rose Crafts blog for the day. Today I am sharing 2 different projects featuring Inky techniques. First is my Heffy Doodle planner spread:


I started with a stencil from my stash and masked it off. Then I used Bundled SagePeeled Paint, and Lucky clover Distress Oxide inks. I applied the lightest color at the top then blended the mid tone and then the darkest at the bottom to replicate the color of grass. I stamped, colored, and cut out images from Heffy Doodle Eggcellent News stamp set. I glued the images to my planner with some liquid adhesive and finished the spread off with some sentiments from the stamp set and some little hearts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my second project I made a glow in the dark shaker card. I used Lawn Fawn Glow in the Dark embossing powder for this effect. I started by inking  a strip of paper with Versamark ink. I coated that with the embossing powder and then while it was still hot, I added 2 more layers of the powder on top so it was totally coated. I then die cut out 3 rectangles on a 4x5.25 note card that I had used Distress Oxide inks on, blended together to create an evening glow. I added foam adhesive around the inside of the rectangles to create a shaker box.


Next, I added in some Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends  Flaming Sunset for the shaker elements. I glued the glow in the dark strip behind the shaker piece and then I glued all of that to the front of the card base. I stamped, colored, and cut out fireflies from Lawn Fawn's Little Fireflies set. This set comes with dots that you can stamp and emboss with the Glow in the Dark embossing powder to put beneath the little behinds of the fireflies to make them glow. So I added all the fireflies and stamped the sentiment. 
I made a little flag using Lawn Fawn's Light's Out stamp set to let the person who gets the card know it glows in the dark and we are done! 


What a fun project this one was!!! I hope you were inspired by my creations today, to go and get INKY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!