Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Featured Design Team Series: Embossed & Inked Vellum Flowers Layout by Donna Coughlin

Embossed & Inked Flowers Layout

By Donna Coughlin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there, Donna Coughlin here with another creation using White Rose Crafts LLC products.

Today my layout is all about inking, and I want to show you how I made the blue flowers using velum, embossing powder and ink, below.

I have two types of flowers on here. The white ones are Recollections which I inked with some Scrapberry Light Brown ink, as well used the brown ink on the edges on the scallop.I also used Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Oxide inks on the edges of the flourishes.

A close up of the upper right cluster. Interested in those flowers? Well keep scrolling down.


First grab a flower stamp and and stamp away on a sheet of velumn. I did about 16 flowers all together. Emboss with white embossing powder, but I think any matching color you want will work.

Next press the backside of the flower onto the ink pad.
I wanted to show you what the back looked like in the light - it doesn't have to perfect, as a matter of fact I prefer it that way.
Next I spritzed with a light mist of water and used a heat gun to dry. Then cut out the flower.

On this one I stacked and glued 3 flowers and squeezed the tops of the petals together. For the center I glue tiny pieces of velumn scraps to the center with glue.
There are so many possibilities and I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Products used:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!