Friday, July 27, 2018

Featured Design Team Series: Candy Machine Shaker Favor Cards

Candy Machine Shaker Favor Cards
By Amber MacMurtry

Good afternoon Rosies! Amber here, taking over the White Rose Crafts blog, today! I've got a set of Candy Machine Shaker Favor Cards to share with you today! I used tons of products available at WRC for these simple, but completely cool cards!


I started with a pack of Jillibean Soup Small Circle Shaker Cards and matching Shaker Pouches, the Jillibean Soup Sweet Treat stamp set & a selection of Distress Oxide Inks in Candied Apple, Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry & Mowed Lawn. I stamped the candy machine base and top around the shaker card openings in each of the Oxide colors. You'll notice how I never show the card I created in Candied Apple again...well, that's because I smudged it beyond recognition right after I took the next photo. Oops. We won't dwell on that now. Sigh.


Next I colored in parts of the candy machine base images using my Kelly Creates Metallic Jewel Brush Pens, to give them a little shine. I stamped the "Sweet Treat For You!" sentiment using Versafine Clair Medieval Blue ink. Clair inks have been my favorite for sentiments lately because, being a pigment ink, they produce beautiful, crisp impressions every time, even with acrylic stamps (like those from  Jillibean Soup), and they dry much faster than other pigment inks. 


Next, I selected some geometric and plaid patterned papers that I thought coordinated well with the images & cut out 2 panels of each, measuring 4x5.25 inches, plus a strip measuring .5-.75x3.75 inches. I adhered the skinny strips beneath the candy machines, to ground them. Then I adhered one the 4x5.25 inch panels, centered inside each of the cards, and layered them with a panel of white cardstock, measuring 3.5x4.75 inches. I took the second panel of coordinating patterned paper and temporarily adhered it to the back of the cover of my card using washi tape. I lightly traced my shaker opening with a pencil & removed the paper from my card. Next I used a Tear Strip die from my stash and some partial die cutting to cut a short tear strip on each of the panels inside the pencil circle. 


I added double sided tape to the patterned side of the paper, being careful to avoid my pencil circle. Once my tape was applied I erased my pencil circles. Then, I took the Jillibean Soup Small Circle PVC Shakers and popped them through the shaker card openings & filled them with chocolate candies, before adhering my patterned panels of paper to the back, securing the shaker pouch and candy in place, and making sure the tear strip was behind the pouch so my recipient has easy access to their sweet treat!


I hope you enjoyed these cards. You'll notice I promptly forgot to take any more process photos after the first one (that I smudged the card), because I got frustrated--but I'll try to do better next time.

Additional Supplies:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!