Saturday, July 28, 2018

Featured Design Team Series: School's Cool by EK Gorman

School's Cool
By EK Gorman

It is time for a new theme week over at White Rose Crafts.  With school being more or less a month away for children, WRC is getting ready to go back to school, because lets be honest,
"School's Cool".

Schools Cool

Is it notes for teachers, new school year albums, or just sweet little letters for your darlings?  What Back to School Projects do you need to work on?

White Rose Crafts has a whole assortment of back to school crafting projects to help you with your paper crafting needs.

Today, Design Team member EK, from ekgorman here today to share some quick and simple Lunch Box Notes for my students today.

Instead of cutting scoring cards to fit my needs, I instead invested in a pack of 48 precut, double sided school theme cards from Kaisercraft.  The School Days 3x4 cards are perfect for my needs.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts e

You see I like to tuck little notes into my three kids lunch boxes three or four days a week just so they can find a little surprise.  What that means is I have to have lots of little decorative note cards ready to go (times three).  The School Days paper pack has 16 different designs, with three of each design in the pack.  Which makes it perfect for my family.  The cards can be used just as they are, with a little hand written note, or spiced up with some stamping.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts b

In the case of these three cards I pulled out the Woodware UK School Tots stamp set to spice up the lunch box notes.



I stamped out each of the images three times (once for each card) and then using my colored pencils (alcohol markers would leak through these cards) colored in the images.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts c

Then I added a simple hand written note to each of the nine cards.  Now I am ready for the first week of school for my little students (who don't happen to be so little anymore).

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts d

What traditions do you do with your kids or grandkids at the beginning of the school year?  Make sure you share your projects with White Rose Crafts over on their Facebook Gallery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!