Saturday, August 4, 2018

August Subscription Kit Mixed Media Canvas

Hey Everyone!  It's EK from ekgorman designs.  I am coming into share a little mixed media canvas today with you to kick off a new theme week.

Getting the Most out of August

Its time for a the start of a new theme week over at White Rose Crafts.  This week we are circling back to the August Subscription kit and making sure you are getting the most of this month's 'Legend of the Sea' vintage kit.

If you missed the news, the new subscription kit is new shipping.  Missed what is included in this month's kit...no problem.  Here is a link to an unboxing!



Did you know however, each month there is a whole slue of products put on sale that coordinate with your subscription kit.  This month you can get 10% off the August Add Ons Using the code The Sea.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts f

This is just a sample of items that I have that are featured this month in the August Add Ons.  I used many of these products to create something a little different today that what I usually do. 

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts a

I thought today I would feature a little of my mixed media skills, the August kit and many of the add ons to make this 6x6x2 inch canvas.  My middle kid keeps asking for a fish tank, but since she can't keep her room tidy, this canvas will have to do till she can prove that she is more responsible. 

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts g
I started with a blank 6x6x2 inch canvas I had laying around and rubbed some Faded Jeans Distress Oxides onto the canvas. 

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts h
I added over that Blueprint Sketch, Hickory Smoke and Salty Ocean Distress Oxides.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts i
Using some white gesso from my personal stash of stuff, I blended out the distress oxides to make this fun distressed background.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts j
I then pulled out on of the 6x6 inch papers from the August Subscription Kit and tore off all the edges.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts k
Then I tore the paper into strips.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts l
Then using some matte gel from my stash, I adhered the strips of paper over each other, letting them act a little like waves.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts m
Some of the color from the still damp gesso and oxides pushed through, which was perfect because I let the waves of color push over the paper as I adhered it down.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts n
Using some Creative Medium Iridescent Texture Paste in Turquoise, I added textures to the corners and bottom of the canvas.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts o
Using some of the blue rafia from the August Subscription Kit, I pressed it into the bottom of the texture paste to create an 'ocean' floor base.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts p
I added some sparkle and shine to the ocean bottom by adding some Doodle Paper Playground Sparkle Blend sequin mix in Ocean View.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts q
Using a bunch of Nuvos, I created some ocean floor plant life.  I used Dark WalnutEbony BlackIvory Seashell, and Wedgewood Blue.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts r
Pulling some seashells from the August Subscription Kit, I adhered them to the bottom of the canvas using some of the Iridescent texture paste.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts s
Using my Tim Holtz small Brayer, I grounded the sides of the canvas with the VersaFine Clair Ink in Warm Breeze.  I know it really doesn't look like much, but it really does ground the whole scene.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts t
Using the Find it Trading Amy Design Tropical Fish die set, I die cut the fish and the bubble out of some thick white cardstock.  Then I pounced some Cracked Pistachio and Hickory Smoke onto the fish and Blueprint Sketch onto the bubbles.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts u
I felt the die cuts needed a little something more, so I added some embossing ink over the fish and the bubbles and added Ranger Embossing Powder and heat set it.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts c
Finally, I adhered the fish and bubbles to the canvas.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts d
I love how the sequins dip over onto the sides of the canvas with this project.

EK Gorman, White Rose Crafts e
Thanks for peeking in, and I hope you enjoyed seeing how I pulled this canvas together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!