Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Featured Design Team Series: Embracing the Embellish-mental by Alison Heikkilla


Greetings! Alison here. This week, the White Rose Crafts Team is "Embracing our Embellish-mental Side." So we are focusing on things like Sparkle Blends, buttons, Nuvo Drops, etc. I decided to focus on one of the newest Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground, called Vixen. Be sure to read to the bottom for a special notice!



I was really inspired by one of the Sugar Skulls from Dovecraft. There are 3 styles available, and the price is under $2! Although there are a lot of details on this skull, it was quick to color up. I used my Zig Clean Color Markers. 


I fussy cut the Sugar Skull out, and chose one of my many backgrounds made with Distress Oxide Inks that I had in my stash. It was made with the "Ink Smooshing" technique with Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, and Peacock Feathers. I used a die from Elizabeth Crafts Designs to cut out my window. 


For my card base, I rubbed Wilted Violet Distress Oxide around all 4 edges, and then dripped water on to it to get it to oxidize. Then, I added a piece of cardstock from Lemoncraft's Fresh Summer to serve as my background for my shaker window. As I mentioned earlier, I used Vixen Sparkle Blend for the shaker. This Blend had purples, pinks, blues, and lots of opalescence, so it went perfectly with my Oxide background. I adhered a few sequins to the background so that there would always be some sequins showing. I opted to leave off a sentiment, so that when I decide to mail this card, I can choose what would be appropriate then. 



I love the detail in the Dovecraft Sugar Skulls. And they are a great size to work with. And of course almost anything looks good with a shaker! Please be sure to visit the White Rose Crafts Blog to see more Embellish-mental projects. And, below you will find a special discount! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!