Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Featured Design Team Series: Shabby Thank You by Kim Fuller


Good morning friends, Kim here today with my next DT Project for White Rose Crafts.  This time I have used lots of items from White Rose Crafts to create my card. This week White Rose Crafts is giving thanks from our family to yours with a free randomly selected Hunkydory Christmas Card Kit (RSP $3.99) with every order over $10 (before shipping charges are applied). No code needed.


I started off with the Tales of You and Me paintable paper from Prima for the background. This pad is currently out of stock in the store, but they do have the Salvage District Paintable pad which would work great instead!   I used some of the Distress Oxides in Vintage PhotoTumbled Glass and Evergreen Bough and a water brush to create the watercolour background with the paper.

I also coloured my texture paste with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide and used a number stencil from my stash to give texture to the background.



I used a Tim Holtz Alpha stamp set I got from the White Rose Crafts Store and used some letters and numbers to add interest the the background.  I used all my left over pieces of paper that I cut off to make the background fit and tucked them behind my Tim Holtz paper dolls. I also added a doily and some embellishments from my stash to finish off the card.


A scripty Recollections Flower added some fun to the card!



As a finishing touch, I added some of the Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend in Candy Cane to add more texture and sparkle.

I mounted my background on the Neenah Card and Envelope Set Parchment, it has a matching envelope as well, so it makes it easy for card making!


I hope you like my card and have found some inspiration here today!
Thanks for stopping by!

Tim Holtz Alpha Stamp (Out of Stock)
Prima Tales of You and Me (out of stock)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!