Sunday, March 24, 2019

Blue Skies with Guest Designer Annie


Hello Crafty Friends - It is Annie Collins and I am guest designing this month and today I  wanted to show how versatile the White Rose Crafts kits are that I created 3 cards one a bit more detailed than the next. So, no matter what level card maker you are you can definitely create plenty of cards from the kits.


I am using the  March "Blue Skies" Subscription Kit This kit is beautiful - it has shades of blue, rich gold, butterflies, uplifting quotes and a fantastic paper and stamp by Kaisercrafts.

Card 1. Do Small Things With Great LOVE

For this card I kept it simple. I used a pattern paper (the stripes) from the kit, another pattern specialty paper from the add-on section(yellow with gold foil) and a cut apart from the large Blue Moon paper from the kit. A small piece of the gold specialty paper that come in the kit to mat the main sentiment. Along with blue cardstock from my stash. I add 2 flowers as embellishments. I added a bit of glitz to the word LOVE with Wink of Stella pen and a bit of gold to the center of the flower with a Gelly Roll Gold Gel pen.

Card. 2 - Escape the Ordinary
This may seem like a complicated card but it's actually easy because Kay has included a pre-scored, pre-die cut card and the matching shaker holder in the kit. I simply cover the front of the card. Cut away the cloud shape to fit the shaker holder. Filled the holder with some of the Sparkle Blends - Sunny Skies from the kit. Seal the back up with a piece of paper now the shaker is complete. I embellish the card with a few strips of the pattern paper from the kit (this paper contains several phrases and patterns like washi tape). I added a blue flower from the kit. 


Card 3. Your Wings Already Exist All You Have To Do Is Fly
For this card, I again used one of the cut apart from the large Blue Moon paper. I matted it onto light green cardstock. I cut my card front panel 4" X 5-1/4" I then adhered 2 strips of ribbon from my stash that coordinated with the kit in a diagonal.  Then I matted the white panel onto dark blue cardstock. Next, I adhered using foam adhesive the sentiment. For the embellishments, I used the Silver Peel off Butterflies from the Add-on sections and place them onto some of the beautiful light green Mulberry paper. I trimmed away any of the extras I didn't want. I kept the little silver flowers to add to the card. I then adhered them using a bit of foam tape to the card front panel.

There's still so much left from the March Blue Skies Kit - I have already created 6 cards and I can easily create another 6 more. Kay of White Rose Crafts LLC really packs these kits.

All the Supplies Used:
Indgio Skies Pattern Papers, Gold cardstock, 
Sparkle Blends - Sunny Skies & Flowers
Add-ons: 

Other supplies:
Recollections Brand Heavy Weight Cardstock:
 Dark Blue, Light Green & White
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen in Metallic Gold
Zig Wink of Stella - Clear Glitter
American Crafts - Blue ribbon


Thank you for stopping by today!

If you would like to join in the fun for the White Rose Crafts March Sketch Challenge, and other fun activities and conversations make sure you join the 
White Rose Crafts Gallery group on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!