Thursday, March 21, 2019

Welcome Spring!

Hello! Alison Heikkila here. Winter has officially come to an end and I am ready to celebrate! So today I am sharing a card that screams Spring with one of my favorite stamps that is available at White Rose Crafts. It's the Hellebore from Stampendous, and yup, I've used this big, beautiful bloom before. It is a true favorite.
A couple of weeks ago, I did a Facebook Live in the White Rose Crafts Gallery group that showed some different techniques with Distress Oxide Inks. One of them was Ink Smooshing, with an embossed image, and coloring on top. This card was mostly made during that video. If you watched the video, what you didn't see was how i finished off the coloring of the Hellebore, and how I added some additional ink to the edges and the embellishments.
I had used some Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz to help move and oxidize the ink while I was making the background. You can see all of the gorgeous shimmer and the flower has from it. To add color to the petals, I used one Zig Clean Color marker and a water brush. I also used one color for the stamens.
I added a simple pre-made sentiment from Kaisercraft's Bombay Sunset 6" x 6" paper pad and a few sequins from the "Amethyst" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. Adding some Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide to the edges really tied the background into the flower and gave the card more depth.
The techniques I used on this card are fun and pretty easy to do. It's great to this type of coloring on images that you may be intimidated to color. I think it turned out beautiful, and I hope you'll give it a try. Be sure to watch the Facebook Live to see how the background was created. And then, head on over to White Rose Crafts LLC to check out some of the products I used today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!