Sunday, May 5, 2019

WRC Sketch Challenge: Alison's Take

Hello! Thanks for visiting me today. I've got a new Sketch Challenge to share with you, courtesy of White Rose Crafts. I've given myself a goal of turning each of these sketches into scrapbook pages, instead of cards for the entire year, and I've been successful so far. Here's the sketch:
And here is my take on it:
I came across these photos of my daughter the last time I was searching for pictures to scrapbook. I thought that they'd be perfect for this sketch. She was so happy spinning and twirling in this coat my mom had made for her. And her crazy outfit makes me smile. I lined the photos up and trimmed them to fit properly on my 12 x 12 layout. I added the strips of black to break up the photos just a little bit.
My daughter and I both love mixing patterns, so, much like her outfit, I found a few patterned papers that I thought were crazy together, but also perfect. The chevron and pink lacey-looking paper is from my stash, the polka dotted one is from Kaisercraft's Greenhouse paper pad, and the metallic one (also from Kaisercraft) is from the Bombay Sunset paper pad. I needed more pattern though, so I decided to ink up my pale pink background paper with the Circles and Pluses stencil from Studio Light with Distress Oxide in Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar.
And since my girl always sparkles, I literally threw some sequins on to may layout, and glued (most) of them pretty much were they landed. I used a few Sparkle Blends to get the colors I wanted, like Unicorn (no longer available), Intergalactic, and Amethyst. I glued them all down with On Point Glue from Imagine.
My daughter was full of joy when I took these photos, and I am so grateful I have this sweet and innocent memory of her, now on a completed page. How will you interpret the sketch? I can't wait to see! Be sure to visit the White Rose Crafts Gallery Group on Facebook, and add your photo to the appropriate album. Be sure to visit White Rose Crafts to see what's new in store.  Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!