Wednesday, July 3, 2019

July Sketch Challenge with Adam



Hello Friends,
Adam here! (Guest Designer for those of you who are asking yourself who the heck is Adam.) Today we are using the White Rose Craft’s Monthly Card Sketch Challenge for inspiration. I chose to make the card by rotating the sketch 90 degrees. I hope you all can see this sketch in my card. 
The theme for July is water so I have included a water scene in my card for this month. What better way to invoke summer then an image of cool water and the creatures that live in it.
Supplies: 
                Your Next Stamp – Fishy Fun
                Lawn Fawn Paper- Perfectly Plaid  
                Lawn Fawn Paper- Let’s Polka in the Meadow
                Tim Holtz Oxide ink- Peacock Feathers and Broken China
                Memento Tuxedo Black ink
                Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle (sequins)

I like to start by cutting out all of my paper needs for the card.  I am using a standard A2 card base. I cut a 4 ¼“ x 5 ½” layer of Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid. I then cut a 5 ½” x 3/4” piece of Lawn Fawn Let’s Polka in the Meadow for the strip down the side and a second piece large enough to use for the sentiment.  Finally, I die cut an oval out of white cardstock and a strip of white 4 ¼” x ¾” for the horizontal strip. I always like to suggest that anyone wanting to case my cards to do so but feel free to choose papers and colors that suit you.
I stamped all the elements/pieces on white cardstock and cut them out. I colored the pieces using Tim Holtz oxide inks for the backgrounds and Copic Markers for the rest. I blended the oxide inks and splattered with water to create the water bubble effect. The seaweed and coral from the Your Next Stamp Fishy Fun stamp set is only a part of this image filled stamp set. The sandy bottom is an oval cut down to create the ocean bottom. It was cut out of tan cardstock and splattered with Tim Holt’s re-inker in brown.
The final step is to assemble all the pieces. Using double sided tape, I attached all the pieces. The sentiment is stamped in MementoTuxedo Black ink and attached using foam tape to give dimension. Then I thought the card needed a bit more pop/dimension so I used foam tape to reattach the sea turtle to the scene.  As you see my cards you will soon learn I cannot stop until I add a few sequins or shiny bits to the card. What better way than to add some Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blends (sequins).
I hope you enjoy seeing my projects and shop White RoseCrafts for this projects supplies as well as all your crafting needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!