Friday, August 23, 2019

Back To School Cards

Hello Crafty Friends - Annie here with some School Cards.

Most of our children have started or will be starting school soon. I thought it would fun to create a few cards to inspire them to back into school.

Card # 1 Learn Full Tutorial


Let's get started.

I gathered the components for the card. 
I stamped and colored the Ruler, & Pencil. I also stamped the Notebook paper 3x and added a few of the mini sentiments, math problem and letter grade to the paper. I trimmed the pattern paper and card front panel. I die cut a File Folder from yellow cardstock for some finishing touches I used some Gold stars, paper clip & chipboard tag.

 Next, I start layering the blue star pattern paper and a red cardstock onto the card front panel. Then, I layered the Ruler to cover the seams of the other papers.
 


I tucked two of the notebook papers into the little file folder. I added a bit of adhesive to make sure they don't move. Then, I added a paper clip. Place some foam adhesive to the back of the folder and placed it onto the card front. Next, I added the chipboard tag.
 
 

Then, I added a bit of foam adhesive onto the notebook paper with all the stamped mini sentiments and layered on the file folder. Next, I adhered the pencil toward the bottom of the notebook paper. For finishing touches, I added 3 gold stars.


Materials Used:
Woodware Collections: School Tots Stamp Set (math, ABC, school days, letter grades)
Hero Arts: Just A Note Stamp Set (Ruler & Notebook paper)
Tsukineko Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Recollections Brand Cardstock:  White, Red, & Yellow 
Sizzix Die: File Folder
Walmart Brand: Paper Clip
Dollar Tree Brand: Gold Stars
Spectrum Noir Markers: Pencil - MG1, IG1, & FS1
Ruler: RB1 &GY1
Chipboard Tag: Unknown - for my stash


Card # 2 - Hi-Ho- Hi- Ho It's Off To School We Go!

For this card, I basically followed the steps above. I added a scalloped yellow cardstock border under the white cardstock. I stamped and colored the elements (backpack, apples, book stack, & Lunchbox) I fussy cut them and popped them up on some foam tape and placed them on the white cardstock strip. I added a bit of foam tape on the back of the white cardstock strip and added it to the card front.

I cut some fishtail banners from the pattern paper and stapled them together with Tim Holtz mini Stapler. Tuck them just under the white cardstock strip. For the sentiment, I used a sticker that I backed onto white cardstock for a firm piece. I also added a bit of foam behind it. For a finishing touch, I added some Zig Wink of Stella on the apples and some Sakura Gelly Roll White pen.

Materials Used:
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen: White
Recollections Brand Cardstock:  White, Red, & Yellow 
Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Tiny Attacher & Staples
Lawn Fawn Dies: Stitched Scalloped Borders
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers: 
Backpack: TB1 & TB2
Apple: DR1, DR7, RB1, LG1 & LG2
Lunch Box: LG2 & LG3
Books: CT4, OR1, LG1, TB1, DR1
Sentiment Sticker: Making Memories (old school - I know)


Thank you for stopping by the blog today - I hope you found some inspiration!

Be sure to tag us White Rose Crafts LLC on social media 
if you create a project with products or kits purchased on the 

2 comments:

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!