Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Great Paper Makes Easy Cards

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1230.jpg

Sometimes all you need to make a great card is simply some great paper. In this day and age of crafting layering inks, stencils and stamps over each other is all the trend, but sometimes you just don't have the time to work a background. That's when you need to simply pull out a piece of great paper.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1227.jpg

If you haven't seen the Polish line 13 Arts paper over at White Rose Crafts, then you are simply missing out. This collection of papers are truly gorgeous and one of my favorites, Aqua Flora, has recently been restocked and available once again for pick up.

I have paired these stunning papers with a couple of whimsical stamps from AALL & Create to show how you can take a really series and beautiful paper with a sketchy artistic stamp.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1153.jpg

I trimmed a piece of Aqua Flora paper to 4.25x5.5 inches and adhered it to an A2 card frame. Look at how stunning this paper is. That is literally just the paper. I have added nothing to it.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1151.jpg

On a piece of watercolor paper, I then stamped out the AALL & Create Pirate stamp set using some VersaFine Ink. Using my Inktense pencils, I colored in the image trying to pull in the colors of the paper.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1152.jpg

Using a water brush, I moved the ink around and let the image dry. Then I fussy cut out the image.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1154.jpg

Adhere the fussy cut out image onto the Aqua Flora paper.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1231.jpg

I added a strip of Lawn Fawn Sparkle Cardstock and stamped out the sentiment from the Pirate stamp set.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1159.jpg

I was having so much fun that I create a second card using a more feminine palette of Aqua Flora paper. I trimmed the paper to 4.25x5.5 inches and adhered it to an A2 card frame. I also added another piece of Lawn Fawn Sparkle Cardstock to this card frame.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1157.jpg

I stamped out this time the Super Girl stamp set from AALL & Create. I colored this image with Spectrum Noir Sparkle Glitter brush pens to color this image, trying to pull in colors from the card stock. I let it dry and fussy cut out the image.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1228.jpg

I adhere the fussy cut image to the card and added a sentiment stamp from the Super Girl stamp set.

I hope you enjoyed seeing how simple it can be to make exquisite looking cards simply buy pulling the right gorgeous papers. The first time the Aqua Flora paper pack was in stock they sold out quick, so I imagine that this time around the paper set will be limited and quick selling too.

Let me know in the comments below which of today's cards are your favorite. Until then, Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!