Friday, November 6, 2020

Fall Slimline Card

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1406.jpg

Hey Friends! It's EK popping in with a card really different for me. So I have not really been real interested in playing with the new slimline card card-making trend. For me, having to make envelopes does not always sound fun, and for a slimline card I would have to make envelopes. But today, I found a reason to make a slimline card. I love Julie Nutting stamps, but they do not fit on an A2 card, and you have to cut off a portion of the image. So it only seemed natural to venture into this new card making crazy while playing with a collection White Rose Crafts supplies.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1373.jpg

I stamped out the Julie Nutting Merry stamp onto some heavy cardstock. Then using the Nuvo Creative Pen Fair Skin Tones and Natural Browns markers to color in the skin and hair. I then fussy cut out the image.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1374.jpg

To dress the image, I stamped the clothing onto some fall inspired paper from the Carta Bella Fall Break paper pack. I fussy cut out the clothing and then rounded the edges with a black marker to clean up the cut edges.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1375.jpg

Using some liquid adhesive, I dressed the image.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1383.jpg

I then created the slimline card and added a trimmed piece of Mulberry Paper in Burgundy. I trimmed some more printed paper from the Fall Break paper pack to 2.5x2.5 inches and added it over the Mulberry Paper. Finally I adhered the girl on top.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1382.jpg

To finish the card I stamped a fall sentiment from the Stampendous stamp set onto some white cardstock using Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1407.jpg

Have you played along with the slimline cards yet? Do you make your envelopes to go along with it?

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1409.jpg

And do you ever paper piece your favorite stamps? Let me know in the comments below. Until then, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Love your paper piecing! I often forget about that technique, so I don't do it very often. Do you have any idea when you will be shipping to Canada? I have been getting orders from other companies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!