Monday, November 30, 2020

Go with the Flow

Hello! Alison here. Today, my White Rose Crafts post is what was supposed to be a card with AALL & Create's Sea Life stamp set, but turned out to be an art piece instead. My son was working in my craft room making a birthday card as I created this piece, and he loved it so much that he said it needed to be his. So I switched gears a little. Made it bigger, added embossing powder, etc. so that he could hang it in his room like he wanted. Needless to say I was really touched by this (the conversation was quite comical...he essentially demanded I give him the piece in the nicest way possible), and I am so glad he loves it. I hope you like it too.

I knew I wanted a Gel Press background to start with, and I found one that was mostly aqua and green, and had a lot of my "roll-off" (the excess paint from my brayer) on it, so it had only subtle patterning. I thought it was perfect for my "water." I stamped the gorgeous Whale stamp on to the monoprint and decided to color it with Copics.


I really love using teals with olive greens and magenta. I thought it would be the perfect color combination for this piece. I really love the collage feel of these stamps. It looks like you've taken a lot of time to layer images, when you really only stamped one thing. I backed the colored image with a deep blue textured cardstock, and added some Shabby Blue embossing powder from Stampendous. I applied it in such a way so that it looks like sea spray.


All in all (pun intended), this didn't take long to create, since my monoprint was already in my stash, and I didn't need to do very detailed coloring. But it looks like it took a while. AALL & Create has quickly become one of my absolute favorite brands to work with, and you can get many of their latest stamps and stencils over at the White Rose Crafts Shop. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

1 comment:

  1. This project is absolutely stunning! Simply adore all the texture!

    ReplyDelete

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!