Thursday, November 26, 2020

Hope For Tomorrow

On this the day of Thanksgiving, the whole White Rose Crafts family wants to take a moment and thank everyone who pops in here regularly to support this little online crafting shop. We know this past year has been really strange and for many difficult. So instead of spouting all that we are thankful for today, we thought instead we would wish you Strength for today, and Hope for tomorrow.

I tried something really out of my comfort zone toady, and pulled a whole host of papers out from different paper packs from White Rose Crafts. The woodgrain paper comes from the LemonCraft House of Roses 12x12 paper pack. The brown doted and blue plaid paper both come from Craft O'Clock Ladies and Gentleman paper pack. Finally I pulled the script paper from the Wild Rose Studio Antique Library.

Each piece of paper got a blending of Ground Espresso Distress Oxide around the edges so they felt more like papers from the same collection.

I stamped out a sweet little hedgehog from the Craft Consortium Over the Hedgehog stamp set. I stamped the image in Ground Espresso Distress Oxide and then watercolored it using the same ink and Brushed Corduroy. I then fussy cut out the image.

On a scrap piece of watercolor paper, I stamped out what I think might be the perfect sentiment for this year from the Kaisercraft Sympathy Words stamp set. I stamped the sentiment in Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide and edged the paper in Ground Espresso.

Using different levels of three dimenstional adhesive, I layered the hedgehog and ephemera from the Craft O'clock Ladies and Gentleman Ephemera Collection. The die cuts got a brush of Ground Espresso Distress Oxide to help blend it in with the rest of the paper.

Finally I tucked in a bunch of buttons and adhesives to finish the card. I used American Craft Faceted Brushed Metallic Gold adhesive gems, DoveCrafts Blue Skies buttons, and Want2Scrap Steel Blue adhesive pearls.

We pray everyone is Thankful for something this year. The whole design team family of at White Rose Crafts is thankful for you. Let me know in the comments below what you are thankful for, or at least what you hope for tomorrow.

Until then, may crafting make you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!