Thursday, December 10, 2020

A Heartfelt Christmas

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1870.jpg

Hey Everyone! It's EK, and today I have a question for you. Do you have the same problem I do this time of year...? You want to make Christmas cards but you also have lots of Black Friday purchases that are not Christmas themed and want to play with those too. That was exactly where I was today as I sat down to make this card. So today I am playing with both everyday stencils and stamps and a Christmas stamp to create this fun card.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_1793.jpg

I started by building my background using both the AALL & Create Cracked Walls 1 and Cracked Walls 2 stencils from White Rose Crafts onto watercolor paper.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_1795.jpg

The first layer was colored in Fired Brick and the second layer in Aged Mahogany Distress Oxides. For this blending I used the Ranger Blending Tool.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_1796.jpg

I then stamped the AALL & Create Squeaky Friends stamp set onto some heavy cardstock. I colored in the image using the Nuvo Creative Pens in Stormy Greys. I then fussy cut out the image leaving a little of the floor for the squirrels to stand on.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_1797.jpg

I trimmed up the ink cardstock and added it to an A2 card frame. Then using the VersaFine Onyx Black ink, I stamp the Christmas Tree image from the Whimsical Christmas stamp set.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_1798.jpg

I adhered the squirrels onto the card frame and then decorated the trees with a series of Nuvo Drops. I used Autumn Red and Woodland Green for the ornaments. For the snow stars I used a little Sea Breeze and the large hearts and stars were accented with White Blizzard.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1872.jpg

Finally, I added a sentiment to the top of the card using some Pine Needles Distress Oxides.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1871.jpg

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I created this slightly different approach to a Christmas Card. I really think these squirrels now look like the were meant to be decorating the tree. I really can't wait to find out what other trouble I can get the Squeaky Friends into later. If you have any suggestions, make sure you add it to the comments below.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1873.jpg

Until then, Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!