Thursday, December 3, 2020

Vintage Wreath

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1810.jpg

Hey Friends! It's EK and today I am playing around with a Woodware UK stamp set from White Rose Crafts today and some watercolor pencils to create a little vintage feel Christmas card.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1784.jpg

I started by stamping out the Woodware Holly Wreath stamp set onto some watercolor paper using some water resistant black ink.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1785.jpg

I picked a simple color palette from my spectrum AquaBlend watercolor pencils to help give me that vintage color. I colored just the areas I wanted the heaviest shadow, then using a water-brush, pulled the color across the image.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1786.jpg

The berries needed more color, so I added a second layer of color to them.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1788.jpg

The card needed more color, so I colored in the corners and added a highlight of red to the center of the wreath.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1789.jpg

Here is the final look of the coloring.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1790.jpg

I added Dovecraft Glitter Glue to the berries.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1791.jpg

I added Autumn Red Nuvo Crystal Drops to the berries on the corners.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e1811.jpg

I love how this super simple card turned out. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below. Until then, happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!