Thursday, January 14, 2021

Greenhouse Art Journal Pages

Greetings! Today I am sharing an art journal layout using some of the beautiful Greenhouse Collection from Kaisercraft. Did you know that White Rose Crafts carries the entire collection? It's softly colored, filled with succulents, has geometric patterns, and works with many themes. It's a collection I've used many times already, and I will continue to use.

Look at those colors! Very different from my typical bold and bright, but I'm in love with this palette. You'll probably notice that there's no journaling on the page...yet. I often write things I don't particularly want to share on the internet, so I opted to keep it blank for now. I'll be filling it with words soon.

I started off by giving my journal a base layer of yummy Distress Oxides. The colors I used were Tattered Rose, Faded Jeans, Iced Spruce, Cracked Pistachio, and Old Paper. Some colors were applied directly from the ink pad, while I went for a softer look with others and used a blending brush.

After the inking was done, I started checking out the papers and opted to use what you see on this left, side page. Those mauve circles actually have a glaze on them, and it comes that way in the pad! I also chose one of the die cuts in the collection pack. Before I adhered these pieces, I used the Tea Dye Distress Oxide with AALL & Create's Heapza Hexagonz to add a bit more interest to the background. I also stamped one of the succulents from the coordinating Greenhouse stamp set in a few spots.

On the right side, I tore up another piece of paper from the pad and added more hexagons. I also chose two additional die cuts, and some scraps of mulberry paper to add to two of the corners. I felt that both pages needed some shine, so I dripped and sprayed some Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Gold. It was the perfect thing. I love how these pages turned out. It's nice to give your eyes a break from cold colors, and to let them rest on these soft, muted tones. The Greenhouse Collection is just beautiful, and I look forward to sharing more projects using it with you. Please be sure to visit the White Rose Crafts shop to see the latest and greatest. And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!