Thursday, January 7, 2021

XOXO

 Hello! Alison here. I've got to be honest, Valentine's Day isn't my thing. Aside from the chocolate, I really don't care about the day. So I really don't make Valentine's Day cards. But! I do like to incorporate Valentine's Day-type products and imagery into my projects. White Rose Crafts has some awesome new products that are perfect for Valentine's Day....or not. ;)

Did you know that you can now get some fabulous products from Gel Press in the White Rose Crafts shop? I am super stoked about this, because if you follow me, you know how much I love using my Gel Presses. My background was created on my Gel Press, using a couple of colors of fluid acrylic paints. Another new collection to White Rose Crafts is Stamperia. The Mechanical Heart stencil that I used on top of my monoprint is from this Italian-based company.

I like that this is a big stencil, with a lot of large details. I took my VersaMark ink pad, and applied it through my stencil, directly on to my Gel Press monoprint. I taped off the edges with washi tape. Next, I sprinkled on some white embossing powder and heat set it. My print was done on ordinary copy paper, so the powder melts very quickly on it. I needed a little something extra, so I pulled out Lawn Fawn's Heart Shaker Gift Tag and die cut the "xoxo" with burgundy cardstock. I used the accompanying heart to help me with my placement. I applied glue to the backs of the letters while they were still in the heart. I placed the heart on to my print, then pushed the letters through. This ensured they were straight and spaced correctly. I mounted the panel on to a white card base that I inked with Imperial Purple VersaFine Ink.

So while this card could be used for Valentine's Day, it certainly doesn't have to be. And, I think it's got a masculine feel to it, so it will work for a wide variety of folks. Please be sure to visit the White Rose Crafts shop to see the latest and greatest. And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

1 comment:

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!