Thursday, February 18, 2021

Light the Way

 Greetings! Alison Heikkila here. Today I have a card for White Rose Crafts that uses some fantastic products from AALL & Create and Gel Press. I created this background during a FB Live that I did on my Alison Heikkila Designs page earlier this week. If you'd like to check it out, you can click HERE.

I cut down my chosen background and roughed up the edges a bit, plus inked them with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink. Next, I heat embossed the gorgeous Celestial Navigation stamp from AALL & Create and Silver Embossing Powder. I added a bit of Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink with a blending brush to darken some of the areas a bit to help the design show up a bit more.

I am so crazy about the light bulbs in the Steampunk Alchemist stamp set (I don't think I'll ever get tired of them), so I really wanted to use one here. I stamped it on Bristol and added a few sprinkles of Brushos and then spritzed it with water, which created the effect you see on the finished piece. I also added a sentiment from Heidi Swapp's Only You stamp set, and I inked the edges of the card base with more Chipped Sapphire.

I love the different styles of stamps that are on this card, the swirling colors on the light bulb and the background, and the texture. I think it's funky and I hope you like it too! White Rose Crafts has so many cool products, so I hope you’ll give them a visit. And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!