Thursday, February 11, 2021

Pastel Goth

 Hello! Alison here. Last week, I did a Facebook Live on the White Rose Crafts page, showing people a couple of ways to use a Gel Press with Distress Oxides. If you'd like to check out the replay, you can watch it HERE. I wound up with a number of backgrounds, and I decided to use one of them today. I went for a bit of a Pastel Goth look. Pastel Goth is a fashion style that uses pastel colors, with gothic icons such as skulls, crosses, and bats. I happen to really like the look, so I thought it'd be fun to turn the style into a card.

You can see from the colors of my monoprint that I already had the pastel thing going for me, so I just needed the "goth" part of the look. This particular monoprint, by the way, was made with the Argyle Embossing Folder with Seedless Preserves, Peacock Feathers, and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxides. On top of the print, I stamped the partial skull, and 2 of the smaller elements from AALL & Create's Steampunk Alchemist stamp set with VersaFine Clair Ink in Twilight and Monarch. I tore the sides of the panel and inked those edges with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.

For additional patterns, I pulled out Kaisercraft's Bombay Sunset paper pad and cut up a couple of sheets for the background. I needed a focal sentiment, so I used a brushy "hello" die from my stash, and die cut it out of a midnight blue and a white cardstock.

I have always enjoyed making very dark, gothic cards, but trying out the pastel goth style is fun too. It's fun to experiment with combining monoprints with different types of stamps and patterned paper too. White Rose Crafts has so many wonderful options in patterned papers and stamps, so I hope you'll give them a visit. And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!