Friday, April 2, 2021

Fish Tales: An Art Journal Page

 Hello! Alison Heikkila here. I have an art journal page to share today that features a Gel Press I did on a past White Rose Crafts FB Live. Many of the products I used on this spread can be found in the White Rose Crafts shop.

I had started this journal page with some of the leftover paint from my previous spread. There was also a little bleed through from the sprays I had used. I like using these things to help determine what the next pages will be like. Turns out, that this 3" x 5" monoprint (shown above) worked perfectly with the colors I already had going. I pulled out the same Dragon Scales stencil I used on it, and added it to both pages with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink. I also stamped bits and pieces of the AALL & Create Celestial Navigation stamp with VersaFine Clair Ink in Pinecone.

I needed to soften the edges around the monoprint a bit, so I tore some orange mulberry paper into strips and adhered it to my page with Gel Medium. It added nice texture and movement.

I wanted to pull out some of the purple that's in the monoprint, so I stamped the seahorse from AALL & Create's Sea Life set with Dusty Concord Distress Oxide Ink. You can see in the photo above that the Heapza Hexagonz stencil also makes an appearance.

I haven't journaled on this spread yet, as I tend to keep that stuff private. I also don't always have something to write immediately, so it's nice to have a bunch of pages ready to go for when the words start coming to me. I love incorporating all of these different elements and layers into my pages. It gives you plenty to look at. I hope you’ll visit White Rose Crafts because they have so many cool products that can be used on art journal pages like this. And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!