Thursday, April 15, 2021

Pharmaceutical Chemist

Hello! Alison Heikkila here. I have a new mixed media card to share with you today for the White Rose Crafts Shop. I started off with a monoprint that I made on my 3" x 5" Gel Press during a FB Live, and was inspired to pull out the Steampunk Alchemist from AALL & Create once again.

The monoprint was made with a few colors of Golden Fluid Acrylics and the Heapza Hexagonz from AALL & Create. The green used on the stencil is what inspired me to give the alchemist his velvety green coat. I stamped him with Rich Cocoa Memento ink and then I colored him with Copics.

I tore the edges of my monoprint, but the white edges were too...white, so I applied some Antique Linen Distress Ink reinker to those edges with a brush, and it dulled it down perfectly. I used the reinker because I wanted those edges really saturated. I ink smooshed Ground Espresso Distress Oxide all over my card base for some interest. I popped up my chemist with foam tape and decided I needed another element. So I stamped out and colored one of the bottles from the Steampunk Alchemist set and tucked it underneath him. I had some old Tim Holtz Halloween stickers laying around, and that's where my sentiment came from.

I love how old all of the elements on this card look. It's a lot of fun to pull colors from monoprints to help you steer the direction of the rest of your projects. I'm finding that the Steampunk Alchemist stamp set is so versatile because it has a ton of stamps in it. It's just fun to experiment with them all (pun intended). Please head over to White Rose Crafts to check out the thousands of items they have. Be sure to use my code, “Alison15” to save 15% off of your purchase. And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!