Sunday, May 9, 2021

Last Night at Sunny Hill Layout

 Hello! Alison Heikkila here. Today I have a scrapbook page to share with you. It's been far too long since I've made a layout, and I was really inspired by a challenge by Gel Press...which was to use your prints on a scrapbook page. I found a photo of my family and I on our last night of vacation. It's always a bittersweet night because it's so much fun, but we're sad that we have to leave the next day. I opted to highlight all of the good things about the evening, and I managed to use 3 Gel Press Prints on my page. White Rose Crafts has lots of products for scrapbooking as well as gel printing, and there's is more coming in future months!

The first print is over on the left of the layout. I used a couple of swirly stencils as well as alcohol inks to create it. If memory serves me correctly, it was done on a roll-off print. I thought this print pulled from the colors of the photo really well. As I was gathering my prints, I also looked at my Graphic 45 and Kaisercraft patterned paper. I found that the Bombay Sunset paper pad from Kaisercraft would come through for me once again, (man, do I love that paper!) and I used 4 different prints from that one pad.

The long strip of patterned paper on the right is from Graphic 45. I built my page on some espresso colored cardstock and flicked on some Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Gold. This tied in really well with the foil accents on one of the Kaisercraft papers.

I chose another Gel Press print that had subtle colors on it and I stamped AALL & Create's Reverse Crescents with Monarch VersaFine Clair ink, which I then embossed with clear powder. I used a long monoprint as my journaling spot. I especially love those messy edges. I also matted my photo with purple cardstock, which I left a little long on the bottom so that I could emboss the edges with gold embossing powder. For a little texture I used a green Pearl Swirl from Scrapberry.

I love the mix of all of the patterns that wound up on this scrapbook page. It's not the greatest photograph, but it's an amazing memory. We had an amazing vacation back in 2019 and I think this page shows off how happy we were with all of the colors and layers. Please head over to White Rose Crafts to check out the thousands of items they have. And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!