Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Quick and Easy Christmas Decoupage Cards


Hi everyone. Kay here - owner at White Rose Crafts - dropping by to show you the Dovecraft Christmas Decoupage and Paper Pads, which truly are like a "mini kits". 


I decided to have a play with one of these $5.99 pads, to see how many cards I could get out of it. Each pad contains four 8x8 inch glittered die-cut decoupage sheets in two designs, four 8x8 inch glittered sheets in two designs, four 8x8 inch backing papers in two designs and four 8x8 inch double-sided sheets in two designs. 


We have four different pads, and I chose the purple-themed "Brown Bears" pad, partly because I love purple, and partly because it's not one of the traditional Christmas colors , and I do like things that are a little bit different. 



I also thought the little teddy bears were super cute.



I decided to keep the cards fast and simple, because Christmas is one of those times when we do send cards "in bulk", so being able to put a pretty card together quickly is definitely an advantage, so I avoided complicated or fancy techniques, and just let the papers speak for themselves.  


I was also focusing on value for money, so I haven't used a ton of extra items - mostly just odds and ends that I had in my stash - plus a couple of Peel-Off Stickers sheets from Craft Creations for the sentiments. I chose the silver on white version of "Let It Snow" - I LOVE the snowball splotches! - and the silver version of the "Across The Miles" sheet, which I really like because my family are a long way away, and I like the idea of sending them loving wishes "across the miles".


I'm here to tell you that I have only used HALF of the pad, and I've already made TWENTY Christmas cards out of it, and I've still got exactly half of the whole sheets left, plus quite a few usable scraps. 


I'm amazed! I hope you like them. Thanks for reading, and...


Happy Crafting from us all at White Rose Crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!