Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Miss You

 Hello! Alison here. Today I am sharing a project I made for the White Rose Crafts shop. I got to play with a bunch of fun things to create a mixed media card. Take a look.

I really wanted to use some of the images in the Steampunk Alchemist stamp set from AALL & Create that I haven't really worked with yet. That skull image was at the top of my list. I've been going through a lot of my Gel Press monoprints lately to use some of them up (so that I can make more!), and I found one that I thought would work well. This one was a roll-off print that also picked up a bit of leftover paint from the Gel Press. I love the colors on it.

I stamped the skull with VersaFine Clair Ink in Twilight. Then I used regular VersaFine ink in Olympia Green to stamp the gears stamp a few times. I had a bit too much white space on the piece, so I broke out the Heapza Hexagonz stencil (I am crazy about hexagons!) and inked it with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. That filled in those areas nicely, so I moved on to my sentiment. I decided to use the Traceable Alphabet from Kelly Creates to make my sentiment, which I stamped with Imperial Purple VersaFine. My ivory card base was looking a little blah, so I grabbed the Heapza Hexagonz stencil again, and this time I inked the stencil directly with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide, spritzed it with water, and applied it to my base, around the edges. I love this reverse effect.

It's so easy to get a cool collage look when you combine stencils and stamps, especially the ones from AALL & Create. I love the vibe from them, and I am always happy with my results. And I think that using that pretty script font from Kelly Creates takes the "hardness" of the card down a notch. Please visit the White Rose Crafts shop to see the latest and greatest. And, hang out with us in the White Rose Crafts Gallery on FB! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!