Sunday, March 7, 2021

Victoriana

Hey Friends! Trying something a little different today, using great paper to do all the work in a couple of cards! I pulled out the 13@rts Victoriana paper pack from White Rose Crafts.

CARD ONE

For my first card, I pulled out a piece of ASPIRE Petallics Autumn Hay cardstock. I trimmed it up to 4.25x5.5 inches. Then using some dies from my stash, I created a smaller square and an oval, from the inside of the trimmed cardstock, mainly because I didn't want to 'waste' paper. I also trimmed a strip of another piece.

I trimmed up two pieces of the Victoriana paper pack to fit just inside the petallics cardstock.

Using double sided adhesive, I layered the cardstock and the printed paper. I had to trim the cardstock oval down by hand to fit the paper the way I wanted, but loved how the haystack looked under the printed paper.

Using the Technique Tuesday You Did It stamp set to add a sentiment to the hand trimmed banner.

I finished the card with a few drops of Nuvo Crystal drops in Dark Walnut.

I love how this one came out, and how the Autumn Hay cardstock brings out the warm tones in both of the Victoriana papers.

CARD TWO

For card two I repeated similar steps, but used ASPIRE Petallics Wine Cup cardstock.

I pulled out two different papers from the Victoriana paper pack and trimmed three ephemera pieces from the paper pack.

I had planned to simply lay the banner trimmed paper over the dark red paper, but felt it got lost. So I pulled out a piece of Pearl card stock and trimmed it up and placed it under the banner.

I also ended up pulling up a third piece of printed paper from the pack, and laid it on top of the strip of paper.

I added the oval cardstock and the hand trimmed ephemeral to the card. The ephemera was added with three dimensional squares.

I added a sentiment from the Technique Tuesday You Did It stamp set and finished the card with some Nuvo Vintage Drops in Earl Grey.

I love how this one came out too, even though it is much more moody and dark.

Let me know which of the two is your favorite in the comments below. Until then, happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We at White Rose welcome your comments and questions, but please keep them clean and kind! Thanks!